Sunday, August 22, 2010

Puzzle

In an effort to assuage some anxiety, a friend and I had a lengthy e-mail exchange weeks ago where we vented about all that stirs us, especially pertaining to our current circumstances. During this conversation, she introduced me to a new paradigm, one that is particularly palpable for me, and for just about anyone. The idea is simple: “I am in love with hope.” It’s from Mitch Albom’s latest book, and perhaps you can glean your own meaning from that quote. My friend made a poignant remark, “without hope we have….nothing….negativity.” I think she is absolutely right. As I wonder about the endless possibilities that life can offer, I am reminded that there lies tremendous opportunity and optimism in the unknown. Uncertainty can often breed discomfort, but when faced with such ambiguity we often find ourselves reaching out to find answers. From now I want to fully embrace the curiosity that accompanies such unknown. For those who know me well, you know I am an inquisitive person. I constantly ask questions. In a way, I thrive off this. When we ask questions we can learn of new possibilities. Never do I want to feel like my life is a predictable sequence of events. To me, this would feel generic and outside the realm of my own individuality. I want to create a life path that will make sense once you look back, even though it may not right now. I kind of see life as a puzzle in a way as we wiggle, shift, twist, and intermingle all these different pieces into the bigger picture. This enables us to start from anywhere and go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment